Kirnan Farm History
Kirnan Farms' lodging facility is a plantation home originally built in 1781 and is situated on approximately 100 acres. It has 3 bedrooms, 2 baths, a huge eat-in kitchen, formal dining room parlor, and a cozy living room with a fireplace. The master bedroom has a queen size bed and a fireplace. The 2nd Bedroom has 3 single beds. The 3rd Bedroom has a full sized bed and the small office has a pull out twin sleeper couch. There is an ample supply of roll-away beds. All linens are provided. Kirnan Farms is located in the heart of Historic Westmoreland County, Virginia, approximately 2 hours from Washington, DC, 1.25 hours from Williamsburg and 1.5 hours from Richmond.
The Garner family of Northumberland and Westmoreland owned this property from around 1663 when Susanna Keene Garner’s family obtained an assignment of an 875 acre patent to land which plots as the Kirnan area. The Garner family held the land until the 1822 until it was sold to John Campbell. The property name was “China Hall” under the Garner family then the name was changed to “Kirnan” after the Campbell ancestral home in Scotland when John Campbell purchased the property. The Taylor family owned the property from 1843 until 2011. In 2011, Bill and Leigh Ann Miller purchased Kirnan and have established Kirnan Farms Outfitters.